Thursday, March 5, 2009

6 Months

Yesterday Isabel had her 6 month checkup and everything went great. She weighed in at 6.660 kilos (14.68 lbs) and was 64.5cm (25.4inches) long. Now you experienced moms might say wow that is small for a 6 month old but fortunately Isabel is moving her way up on the curve and growing at a great rate and the doctor is really pleased. She just has a lot of catching up to do since she was so tiny when she was born.

Today she started eating real food and I can't believe it. To me we should wait another year or so before we even think about it, but she is surely ready for something other than milk and it will surely help her grow at a good rate too. I don't know how it is done there in the states but here we are starting with fruits (apples, bananas, pears and peaches) then veggies (zapallo(I don't think we have this in the states, but I think it is a type of zucchini), potatoes and carrots) then cereal. And of course the doctor recommends to use the fresh stuff and not the already prepared. So it was quite an interesting day to say the least. The doctor recommended that I just grate an apple and give it to her. That however seemed rather big for her and I felt it should be a little more liquid so I called my mom and we did some searching on the Internet. I then called my friend Jen and asked if she had ever made her own baby food and thank goodness she gave me step-by-step instructions. Thanks for helping me out so quickly Jen :) And needless to say after all the craziness I was able to make my own baby food of apples and she loved them. Check her out.

As for other big updates not really much new here. Isabel still doesn't let me sleep through the night as she always wakes up at least 1 time in the night to eat and sometimes more than that. As a matter of fact last night we were up at 3:30am watching Discovery Kids because she would not go back to sleep. Maybe all these changes will help her sleep through the night and get rid of some of the bags under my eyes. Fede's job is going good although he has been out of town a lot. Last week Isabel and I got to go with him and to see another part of Uruguay I had never been to so that was nice. As for myself not really much new. Still finding lots of things to keep myself busy. It is amazing how fast the day goes by when taking care of a house and a 6 month old. It is sure enjoyable though and I am so thankful to have the opportunity to stay home.

Well off to upload the Feb pictures to Isabel's website so remember to check them out: http://www.isabelann.shutterfly.com/

2 comments:

The Heringers said...

How fun!! Real food!!! Have a camera ready for those first cute faces after the first bites!!!

Erin said...

So fun! Iloved the video... so nice to hear your voice and see you interacting with Isabel. She is so precious.

Yep, it's different here... cereal, veggies and then fruit. You will have to get a food mill too. It's very handy.