First stop was to eat in an awesome Mexican restaurant while killing some time for Addison and Stella to get out of school. By the time we ate and I got to my sisters house, I had just enough time to change Isabel's diaper and start feeding her when my sister, Addison and Stella walked in the door and started screaming of excitement. It was such a great surprise to see Isabel laughing and screaming of excitement with her cousins and Aunt T after traveling so many hours.
Just minutes after surprising my nieces and sister my mom began calling my sisters house asking if she could stop by. She had no idea that I was there but wanted to bring her puppy to see the girls. So needless to say she came to my sisters thinking she was simply going to show her dog to Addison and Stella when she was in for a great surprise. When she arrived Stella ran outside saying "Ginny guess what is inside our house" It was so cute seeing her excitement. Anyway, Stella didn't give away the secret and when my mom walked in my sister's house she saw my sister holding Isabel but she had no clue it was Isabel until she saw me walking around the corner. When she finally realized it was Isabel she almost started crying and I promise I think she almost wet her pants :) Isabel was in a bit of shock because my mom was flipping out of excitement but it was sure cute.
After my mom's initial shock wore off we called my dad coming up with whatever lame excuse to get him over to my sister's house. The excuses were so lame that when he arrived I think he knew something was up. Unfortunately when he arrived Isabel was sleeping but he still enjoyed getting to see her while she rested peacefully. We later called my grandma who came to see Isabel as well.
Wow all in one days work...traveling 23 hours, meeting her cousins, Gunca Shain and great-grandma for the first time and seeing her Ginny, Papa and Aunt T again. My dad says she was in shock to hear so much English but either way she truly was a great sport.
The next few weeks didn't calm down much either. We spent each day hanging out with family and meeting new friends. Sunday after we arrived my friends from high school came over and Isabel got to meet some of their kids which was lots of fun. Sorry I didn't get to see you all, but don't worry we will be back before too long and see everyone else. My nephew arrived on Sunday as well and got to meet Isabel for the first time. Wow he has really grown too but is super good with her. The next few days Addison, Stella, Logan and Isabel were all at my mom's house. Wouldnt' you say Ginny and Papa were on cloud 9.
We made the trip to Siloam and stayed with Grammer and PaPa which was lots of fun. It was a busy trip but great to see all of their family and my friends in the area. I got together with some friends at Fun City Pizza which was great so I could see all of their kids. I am just mad that I didn't get a picture. So much excitement that I forgot to take a snap shot. Oh well, I guess the best picture is my memory right. And just think before long we will be back and I will get to do such get togethers more often. While in Siloam I also got lucky to see Joanna, who lives in Orlando now. Who would have guessed that we would both be planning trips back to Arkansas at the same time. Well lucky enough we did and didn't even realize it until we were packing our things to go. Anyway, it was great to see her and meet her adorable little boy Ben.
After the Siloam trip, Isabel had her first shopping trip to Branson which was a must and she was great. I think she is going to be a great shopper someday because she didn't fuss all day until the car ride home when she was simply exhausted. A few days later Isabel got to meet Jamie, her 2nd cousin once removed (does anyone uderstand that once removed stuff :)) who is only 1 month younger. Oh my that is going to be lots of fun when they get older.
The remainder of our time in Arkansas was spent just resting and hanging out with family. Papa was super excited to see Isabel really start rolling over all by herself. As a matter of fact he was the one with her the first time she did it without help but that is ok, she now is rolling over like crazy and what a better birhday present for a daddy than to roll over all by herself on his birthday.
When it finally came time to return to Uruguay it surely was a mixtre of feelings. We were missing daddy but sure hated leaving all our family and friends behind. Once we got to the airport and checked in though we were just ready to get to Uruguay. Little did we know we had a big adventure ahead of us. All flights were scheduled as on time but when we got on the plane in Dallas they heard a weird noise when we were headed to take-off so we headed back to the gate to have it checked out. After 3 hours of sitting on the plane they got it fixed and we were headed to Miami. I was sure glad they fixed the problem but unfortuantely we missed our connection in Miami and there were no other flights out to Montevideo. So needless to say they gave us a hotel room and we had to hang out in Miami an entire extra day as we didn't get to leave until the next evening at 11pm and we had to go to Argentina before Montevideo. Needless to say 3 days of traveling with a 7 month old was rough, but we made it and would you believe that God blessed us with a sweet lady who reccomended to the flight attendents to let Isabel and I sit by her in business class. Wow did we ever need that!!! A huge PTL (Praise The Lord) for that one and for making Isabel the great little traveler that she is.
Well here are some snap shots from our trip:
Be sure to check out her website for more pictures as I couldn't upload them all here on this blog. http://www.isabelann.shutterfly.com/
1 comment:
The surprise worked out perfect! I know your family was so glad to see you and Isabel! It looks like you had a wonderful time! Wow...sorry to hear about all of the trouble with your flights. I know that must have been tough! Glad you made it home safe!! It was soooo much fun to see you!!
Post a Comment