Well as some of you may or may not know Fede, Isabel and I have made the BIG decision to move back to the good ol' USA. This was a decision that has truly been difficult but one that we have been praying about for quite some time when God made it crystal clear in March of this year.
I am not so sure how many of you know the history behind our thoughts to move back but God has always made it clear to us as to what we should do. When I went to the states in March as a surprise visit I had arranged to stop by John Brown University(JBU) and talk with the professors about any job openings they might have heard of in the area. Upon my arrival, there had actually been a position as a faculty member open up at the university itself which is always something I had said I would love to do but never knew if the chance would come about. To make a long story short, I did some interviewing and talking with JBU while I was in the states and then finished up the interviews from Uruguay at which point they offered me a full time faculty position teaching accounting classes. Right then and there, Fede and I knew it was God telling us HE had a plan all worked out for our move back to the states to go smoothly and that now was the time. So I of course accepted the job and we are now getting things packed and ready to go.
At this point there is still not a definite date behind when we will be back but it will for sure be before July 9 as that is when my first class starts. Originally Fede and I had thought of traveling to Europe but things got really complicated with the scheduling and Fede never felt in his gut that it was the right thing to do. So for now we have a ticket on hold that leaves MVD on June 17 and arrives into Arkansas on June 18.
Yes that is only a few weeks away and surprisingly enough I am really pretty calm about it all. We have started doing some packing but there are still many things to be done: turning off phones, internet, electricity, closing bank accounts, etc etc but all will get done in due time and I am really trying to not stress about it. I honestly think the thought of us leaving really hasn't sunk in yet. When I stop to think about it I get kind of sad. On one hand I am excited as I am returning to my home country and know that in mine and Fede's heart we both feel that the USA is the best place for us now; while on the other hand it is kind of sad as MVD has been our home for the first 5 years of our married life and it has so many memories. All of that being said though I do appreicate your prayers as goodbyes are never easy. We are hoping however that this won't be that hard as we are going to do our best to come back in December to meet our new niece, Guillermina, that will be born in October.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my gosh I didn't know!>!>>??? YAY!!! I am so happy that you will be back in the US, and back in Arkansas! I bet your parents are thrilled! Good luck with the move, shoot me an e-mail with your contact info updates!
Post a Comment