Sunday, December 20, 2009

15 Months

Ok so Isabel will be 16 months in just a few weeks but I thought I had better make a post before I forget and don't have time. Not much new to report as Isabel keeps growing and blessing our lives in a new way each and every day. At her 15 month appointment she had grown weight wise to move up close to the 50% bracket and is still in the 75 percentile on height. The doctor said she was doing great and we as parents were sure glad to hear that from a professional as it just reconfirmed what we as parents thought.

As of now she is running, climbing stairs, jabbering like crazy, understanding both English an Spanish and pronouncing clearly, mama, dada, uhoh, cocoa, byebye, hi, hola, bebe (Spanish for baby), baby, (English for baby) and who knows whatever else she is pronouncing in her own little language :)

She has also proven to be a great traveler. Before she was 9 months old she had already made the trip from Uruguay to the USA (approx 22 hours total) twice and just a few weeks ago Fede ventured to take the trip with her from the USA back to Uruguay with Isabel. As she is now up crawling, running, talking, etc we weren't sure how she would do so we were really glad Fede's friend Leo was on the same flight and also prepared with the Benadryl. However, after they all arrived to Uruguay I spoke to Fede and little to no surprise, Isabel did just perfectly. She didn't drive the other passengers crazy and she slept about 8 hours on the overnight flight. Looks like our little girl is going to be a traveler like her daddy. Thank goodness too as I am sure there are many more long flights between the USA and Uruguay to come.

Today I leave to go and meet them in Uruguay. I have been here in Arkansas working for about 2 weeks so I am sure ready to be with them to celebrate Christmas. It has been way too long apart but has been good as I was very busy with work. I can't wait to see the look on Isabel's face when she sees me. As it has been so long and I have only been talking to her on the phone, Fede said that when the phone rings in Uruguay she says "mama" so it will be interesting to see what she does when she sees me face to face.

Well I had best go finish my packing. Next post, an update on relaxing time with family (especially new niece Guillermina) and Christmas in Uruguay at the beach.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy New Year! So glad you posted and updated us all on Isabel. We were over at JBU for homecoming, but I didn't see you. Maybe this year we can get together.