Obviously from the pic above Isabel is finally starting to gain some weight and put some fat rolls on her which we are super excited about. We went for her 2 month checkup and the doctor was really pleased with the weight gain she had taken on which was definitely reassuring since one never really knows how much she is getting to eat when she is breast feeding. She is also getting much stronger and able to hold her head up. Of course she is still a bit of a bobble head but it is so fun to see her moving her head around and focusing in on things.
Since the last update I was also finally convinced to have earrings put in Isabel's little ears. Yes some of you may not have even known it was something I was dealing with but here in Uruguay it is the culture to put earrings in little girls ears once they are born and to shave their hair. Well I put my foot down and said NO to the shaving the hair option but figured I would try considering the earrings. That being said Isabel had to be a certain weight before we could even do the earrings so that gave me a month and a half to think about it. I was really worried it was going to hurt her really bad since they don't put anything on her ear to numb it and since they simply push the earring through the ear. Well after speaking with friends and seeing babies with earrings I figured it surely couldn't hurt that bad if so many here have them. So I finally decided to do it. Can you believe a nurse from the hospital where she was born came and did the piercing! I wasn't in the room when they did it but Fede says she really didn't cry that much which makes me feel better. Take a look real close as they are awfully cute....even though they do make her look more grown up to me.
As for Fede and I we are finally getting some sleep at night which is great. We are also planning to do a 10K on Saturday which is kind of scary since we haven't been able to run much lately. Needless to say however we are doing some last minute training so hopefully they won't have to call the ambulance for us :).
Well not much else to update. Check out Isabel's shutterfly site for more new pics.
4 comments:
What is the purpose behind shaving the head?
And you are AMAZING that you are running a 10k already! Way to go! :)
Isabel looks so BIG!! I love all the new pics especially her in that cute hat. I wish I could hold her!! I'm with you, I don't think I could have shaved her head either. Her little earrings are cute! How was the 10K??
Why do they shave heads?
My doctor is back. I went this afternoon and I am dilated to a 3. Now i just need to pray that I either have the baby during the day, not this weekend, or someone other than the one from last week is on call!! Time will tell. Thanks for praying, I am nervous about labor again.
Sorry I just had some time to look at everyone's blogs. With a lot of my past players doing this it takes me a whole day to catch up. Great pictures and beautiful baby. Can't wait to see you and family. Coach Soda
Post a Comment