Monday, December 29, 2008

4 Months

Well I tried warning you all that I wasn't going to be very good at keeping this blog updated, so once again I have lots of catching up to do since the last post. Let me see where to start. In all reality things have been rather calm around here with Isabel. She is still growing which is awesome however don't worry she is still not just a huge baby. At her 4 month doctor appointment she weighed 5.130 kilos (approx 11.3 lbs) and was 60 cm long (approx 23.6 inches). So needless to say she is long and skinny :) but fortunately the doctor is pleased with her progress and everything is looking great!



As for myself I decided to not return back to work. It was a hard decision but as working for Sabre here in Uruguay was not going to be my lifelong career job Fede and I decided that we could make ends meet and allow me to stay at home with Isabel so as to enjoy each and every change that occurs so quickly in these first months. I am hoping to start studying for the CPA again...kind of scary but that was my plan a year ago but then I got pregnant and was super sick with nausea, then started a new job, and then Isabel arrived, so needless to say it was not the time to start studying. So now lets see if I can do it.



Fede is starting a new job here in Uruguay the first of February for a lumber producing company. He will be working in sales and his largest market this next year will be the USA so lets see how this works out and hopefully it will open up some doors for him and our future plans. I must say it is time to brag on my hubby :) He wasn't even looking for a job yet they sought him out. A co-worker recommended him and what do you know he got the job. I am so proud of him as that really shows he has a great work ethic that others are seeing too. Great job mi amor!



Well now as he transitioned out of his old job and into his new job we were able to take take a family vacation in January. The last real vacation we took together, other than traveling to the states to visit family and friends, was in Jan 2005 so 4 years overdue it is time for us to enjoy a little time together to relax. And what a vacation, the whole entire month of January we rented a house in Punta del Este, Uruguay. The house is way bigger than we need as it is 5 bedrooms and 4 baths but wow it is great to have all the space to move around. And it is only 2 blocks from the beach. Of course Isabel isn't really realizing she is at the beach and we can't go for very long but hey it is still nice to just get out of the city and relax and enjoy a little beach sitting.



Christmas was good. It was really different celebrating in the hot as I couldn't sit by the fire and drink my hot chocolate watching Christmas movies but we sure had a special day as we were starting our own new traditions with Isabel. It was truly special and I was reminded just how much Christmas means to me.

Well here is the update for now. I will try posting some new pictures soon. This is all I have time for today though. Got to go and enjoy the day before the sun sets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Fede on the new job! Way to go!! We're so proud! (sniff sniff)
I know you must feel so relieved to have made a decision about staying home or going back to work. I think you will be so happy with your decision to stay home. Sure it will certainly be a challenge, but it is so worth it! You are going to love being there to see all of the changes that literally seem like they are occurring each second!
Your vacation sounds amazing! I can't wait to see new pics! Look forward to talking to you soon!

Unknown said...

Hi. I just happened to stumble across your blog while searching for blogs that mentioned renting a house in Punta del Este. I was wondering what resource you used and whether you found the experience enjoyable. I'd like to find a house or apartment to rent for a week while in Punta del Este with a group of friends a few weeks from now. The nice ones are too expensive and many are in La Barra, which is perhaps too far from the city center... Any help you can provide would be great! You can post what you found here on the comments page for your blog if you like.

Thanks,
Chloe