Thursday, September 16, 2010

Emma Else Suarez has arrived

Today is September 16, 2010 and this was our sweet Emma's due date however as some of you already know she decided to arrive early. On the evening of Aug 29, at 7:30 pm my contractions began and little Emma arrived into this world at 10:05pm. After a fast delivery and quick labor we were informed that our little bundle of joy was healthy and strong even though she was small at a weight of 5lbs 14 oz and 19 inches long. That was not much to our surprise since Isabel was 22 days early and weight in at 5 lbs 4 oz. I guess we just like to have our babies early and small. No complaints here as long as they are healthy :)

On the night of Emma's delivery Isabel was already asleep in bed when we left for the hospital at around 8:45, so she didn't even know that mama and daddy left until the next morning when she woke up to ginny and papa. (Thanks Mr. Carlos for coming to stay with Isabel until ginny and papa arrived). She then came to visit us with her big sister shirt on and instantly fell in love with her little sister. Now of course we have had some outbursts but in reality she loves being a big sister. She wakes up every morning and comes home from daycare saying "Where is baby Emma"

We are all adjusting well even though Emma still has her days and nights mixed up which means little sleep for myself but all in all we are so blessed and happy to have our precious little gift from above here with us.

Thank you all for your love, prayers and support throughout my pregnancy and in the days to come as we adjust to a life of 2 little girls.





2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congraulations! I love Emma's name. We're so happy for you. Praise the Lord for a healthy baby and safe delivery! I'll be praying for you as you adjust to life with two. It's never dull, that's for sure! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Tonya and family!! I love your family picture at the hospital. Isabel looks like a proud big sis! I can't believe how big she is and she's just so cute too! Emma is gorgeous! I'm so thankful she is healthy! It was great to talk with you a couple weeks ago. I miss you! Praying for you and your beautiful family! Love you!