Friday, March 26, 2010

18 months and Baby #2

Oh my I just realized what a bad blogger I have been. Isn't it amazing how the fast track of working and being a mom really takes up time and takes time away from sitting down to blog. Now I am so far behind I almost don't even know where to begin. I guess I can begin with what all is going on with Isabel now. She is now in daycare and really enjoys playing with all the kids. Each morning I take her she is a bit sad that I am leaving but when I pick her up she is playing full force with all of her friends and really seems to be having a great time. She even takes a nap for the babysitter which is amazing since she is very partial to her own bed.

At her 18 month appt the doctor said everything looked good and that she was in the 75% for height and weight. I knew my kiddo was a big girl whenever she was getting harder to carry. I will admit though she doesn't look like the Pillsbury dough boy. She is just a stout and tall little girl. All of her 18 month pants are too short but 2T are too big in the waist. Oh the joys of being at that in between stage.

The doctor asked me if she could say 8 words and to be honest I had to stop and think when I realized that yes she is. The list of words that came to my head as I thought through this were: agua, hi, hola, bye, cocoa, mama, dada, abu, ginny, papa, Carlos, Didi, meme, poo poo, potty, etc etc....her newest one of all that just started yesterday that makes me laugh every time is "oh man" I went to check her diaper because she told me she went poo poo and when I got in there she hadn't gone so I said "oh man" well immediately she started quoting me and every since she has been saying "oh man" with a huge grin on her face. It is so cute.

As for Fede and I we are doing good. I have just recently found out that I will get to continue teaching next year and Fede is working at the bank here in town. We continue to finalize house plans and pray about building and what plans it is that God has for us. We also are excited about baby #2 being on the way. I am now 15 weeks (due date Sept 16) and am so happy I haven't been as sick as I was with Isabel. I have however felt nauseous at various times throughout the day and continue to be that way but find that when I eat and rest that really helps. The sad thing however is that I tend to eat to solve the yucky feeling and my weight gain is surely showing it. I think this one is definitely going to put the pounds on more so than with Isabel.

Well I guess that is enough updates for now. I promise to try and do better next time and post more frequently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yey! Congratulations on baby #2! We're really excited for you guys. =) That's wonderful that you aren't feeling as sick this time around. (Maybe it's a boy this time!) I did the opposite. No sickness with the girls, and a nauseous few weeks with Deacon.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Ton and Fede! So excited that you have another baby on the way!! I feel like I've learned so much new news from your blog post...we have to talk more often!! =) How exciting that you are working on house plans...can't wait to hear all about it! Plus, you are keeping your teaching job...what an answer to prayer...so happy for you! Sounds like you're having so much fun with Isabel. I love that she's saying "oh man"!! How funny. Wish we lived closer so that we could see you all more. I completely understand about finding clothes to fit too. Ben is still wearing 18-24 month clothes (although the pants are starting to get too short). 2T are impossible to keep up around his waist! Ugg! So glad to read your update. I'll be praying for your healthy pregnancy!!